Portland Home Care
Call 503-389-5320 for more information about this program
Touchmark’s Home Care services provide caring and professional support to help people remain in their homes.
If you or a loved one is recovering from surgery, illness, or an accident, or facing serious illness or gradually declining health, Touchmark Home Care services can help. Working with you, your family, and your doctor, our professional Home Care team provides education, observation, and assessment to develop a care plan tailored to your needs with the goal of maximizing your independence. Regular re-evaluations and flexible services allow plans to quickly adapt to changing needs.
To help maintain and enhance your independent lifestyle, Touchmark’s caregivers are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide a range of services including:
- Personal care and bathing
- Medication services
- Light housekeeping
- Meal planning and preparation
- Pet care
- Plant care
- Home safety evaluation (individual assessment of home for hazards or obstacles)
- Management and use of equipment, such as oxygen tanks, sleep apnea devices, wheelchairs, walkers, etc.
- Appointments, shopping, and errands, including transportation
- Assistance with entertaining
- Respite services
- Nail care
Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care at Home
Touchmark understands how difficult being a full-time caregiver for your loved one can be, and we’re here to help. Using the relationship-centered Best Friends™ approach to care and services, our specially trained staff give your loved one the individualized care they need. By carefully guiding their decisions, our staff support them to their highest level of independence.
In addition to our home care services, Touchmark Alzheimer’s and dementia home care includes:
- Supervised outings and socialization
- Nutritious and tasty meals and snacks
- The Best Friends™ Approach to dementia care
- Maintaining a routine to discourage agitation and outbursts
- Mental stimulation through conversation and personalized activities
- Maintaining a safe environment
- Managing changes in behavior
- Adapting their care level as the disease progresses
Our entire focus is centered on each individual, respecting each person, and meeting unique needs. We build trusting relationships that allow people to feel physically and emotionally comfortable. Touchmark staff are trained in the industry-leading Best Friends Approach to dementia care, and Touchmark is a certified Best Friends Environment.
Touchmark will coordinate with your physician and handle all authorization, scheduling, billing, and private pay, or assist with long-term care insurance.
Touchmark’s friendly, responsive staff are always available to answer your questions.
Rest assured, Touchmark’s compassionate and well-trained Home Care assistants are chosen only after thorough interviews, reference checks, and skill verification.
For complete details or if you would like more information about our Home Care Services, please contact us today.